Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mike's Bucket List.

A while ago my friend Tom Collins decided to make a bucket list. He's making a list of 100 things he'd like to do before he dies. Some easy to accomplish (#9), some not (#6, just kidding Tom.) I think it's a great way to encourage yourself to get off your butt and actually do something, and me being the lazy ass that I am, could use something like that. So here we go, Mike's bucket list; 100 things to do before I die . . . If anyone has any suggestions I could really use a few, Tom, I'm probably gonna steal a few of yours.

1: See my name on the big screen. I've worked on a Mexican feature, but noting in English yet.

2: Install solar panels on our house.

3: Get a good camera, and learn to take good photos. I love photography, but I have to say I've got a LOT to learn.

4: Become a Dad.

5: Post 356 consecutive days on my photoblog. (I'm up to day 5 folks!)

6: Move back to Nova Scotia.

7: Own a Jack Russel named Rudder. I told Robin that when I retire this WILL happen, she hates little high energy dogs.

8: Set foot in every province. I've got Newfoundland, Manitoba, and B.C. left to go.

9: See a real live bear, not in a zoo.

10: Go to the Galapagos Islands.

11: Learn to speak another language. So far I can say "no I'm not American" in Cantonese, and "I'm sorry I don't speak french, can you speak English?" and "Would you like to go for a drink sometime?" in French.

12: Have a bad movie marathon. I love that one Tom! Once we're back east we'll come for a visit!

13: Donate blood. Another one of Tom's. Great Idea, I too am afraid of needles.

14: Learn to paint.

15: Own a hybrid or alternative fuel source vehicle.

16: Visit the Okanagan Valley, and go on a wine tour.

17: Stop saying "Fer" instead of "For." Man that annoys me.

18: Get 100 items for my bucket list.

19: Build something useful out of wood, like a house or even a chair.

20: Learn to cook one decent fish dish. I can not cook fish.

21: Own a copy of every Terry Gilliam and Coen Bros. movies.

22: Finish reading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young man. I've started it 2 or 3 times now, but never finished. To tell the truth, I think it's a bit beyond my reading level. Maybe I should stick to the Cat in the Hat.

23: Sell a piece of art. My own art.

2 comments:

  1. Nice list. #18 made me laugh out so loud I had to explain to my coworkers what I was laughing at.

    You're on for the bad movie marathon. My list of movies that are up for consideration: Glitter (with Mariah Carey), Crossroads (with Brintey Spears), Battlefield Earth. I've already seen Gigli, and wouldn't be able to sit through it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mike, you have too many blogs and not enough updates. Come on!!!

    Your list, I can say that a good handful of them I do on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete